How to treat Children’s Bee Stings

WHAT'S YOUR REACTION?

0

0

1

0

April 30, 2015 by
how-to-treat-childrens-bee-stings

A bee sting can be pretty painful for a child, but as long as they are not allergic to bees, you typically do not need to seek medical advice to treat them. When your child is stung, the first thing that you should do is to take out the stinger as quickly as you can. This can help make sure that a minimum amount of bee venom will make it into their bodies.

Next, you should wash the skin where the sting occurred with soap and water. In order to slow or minimize the swelling, you can apply a cold washcloth or an ice pack to the area for a few minutes.

to-minimize-the-swelling-apply-a-cold-washcloth-or-an-ice-pack-to-the-area-for-a-few-minutesIn order to deal with the pain of the sting, it may be necessary to give your child acetaminophen or ibuprofen, but first you must check for the proper dosage. If your child is stung in the mouth, it is important that you seek medical attention because a bee sting can cause major swelling in this sensitive area.

It is also important to seek medical attention if your child is feeling dizzy, nauseous, or having trouble breathing. This could be a sign that they are allergic to the sting and require particular medical intervention.

VN:F [1.9.16_1159]
Rating: 5.0/5 (1 vote cast)
How to treat Children's Bee Stings, 5.0 out of 5 based on 1 rating
< Prev
Next >